Monday, November 07, 2005

Unidentified Flying Objects


I feel like I got hit by a train today...

Actually, I did — a three-inch toy train, made out of wood and metal. Right square in the bridge of the nose, too. (Yeah, that's him, right there, officer.) My toes immediately went numb, and I yelled "SHIT" loud enough for Connor to get scared and start crying. I hadn't even seen the projectile coming, and he probably didn't even remember throwing it by that point. My head was pounding, he was inconsolable, and the dog had already bolted for safer ground. Man's best friend, indeed.

We've decided that Connor got his temper from his mom. If he gets the slightest bit frustrated, he flips out and starts tearing shit up. Had he inherited my temper, however, we would have already found his list of people to kill because I like to stew and let things build up to unhealthy levels before acting on them. (By the way, [and you know who you are] I'm coming for you next.)
Since he was crying already, I couldn't get too mad at him, but my head was telling me that there was some serious headaching in my future. After a trip to the bank and grocery store, my head felt like I had two elementary school bullies on either side of me, each digging their ring-finger-knuckle deep into my temples, and I had shooting pains running up the front of my neck into my jawbone. After putting our future UFC warrior down for his afternoon nap, I grabbed some Tylenol and a root beer hoping that the room would stop looking so fuzzy. After watching a little Dogtown & Z-Boys, the headache was just a bad memory. Whew.

While we were getting ready to eat dinner, Connor tossed his bib on the floor before we could strap it on him. Since we use his chair as a way to block off Murphy's food bowl from prying toddler fingers, I crawled under the table to grab it. Coming back, I made a painful misjudgment and cracked the back of my head on the kitchen table. I hit it so hard, in fact, that Connor stopped pitching his minor little fit and looked at me as if I had just farted at a black tie event.

Yeah, the headache is back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

temper from his mom?...your a brave man..

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home