Thursday, November 03, 2005

Sweet Relief

Today, while I was putting some laundry away, I noticed that Connor was frantically clawing at something behind my bedside table and mumbling something over and over in a semi-panicked tone. Not seeing anything myself, I pulled the table out a bit and saw my long lost SWISS ARMY KNIFE! Can it be? After several weeks of turning the house upside down, could it really have been inches away from me while I slept? To be honest, I hadn't even looked upstairs at all, since I didn't even remember him having it up there. I had decided it was somewhere downstairs in the den, guest room or porch, since those are our most frequented areas, aside from the yard and car, and I know I never would have let him take anything important into the yard.

He must have remembered hiding it there, because I don't think he could see it — I couldn't. That little turd hid it from me on purpose and was coming back for it. I guess I should probably check under his crib mattress for copies of Playboy or in the back of his pajama drawer for bags of weed, huh?

When I did find the knife, though, I'm sure I looked like Gollum and his precious, because I couldn't stop staring at the knife, while trying to hide it from Connor so he didn't want it back in his hands, lest we repeat this whole process over again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man...you really are trying to get the grandparents reved up aren't you? Calling him a terd and referring to Playboy and weed in the same entry?

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's obvious now that he has the knife back he's again "on the cuttung edge."

12:14 PM  
Blogger g3jedi said...

stacey's entry is priceless.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Im A Foto Nut said...

Whinnie the Pooh said, in reference to looking for something he had lost, "Since I don't rememeber loosing it, I must have lost it someplace I don't remember going." Pretty smart for a bear of little brain.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home