Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Low Rider

"Excuse me, ma'am? Yeah, I'm talking to you — the one glancing over at me out of the corner of your eye as you tug nervously on your shirt so that it covers your ass crack.

Look, first of all, I'm not the one who told you to buy jeans that show the world your "business" when you lean over too far (either forward or backwards), okay? Secondly, I'm here at the playground with my son to
play, not ogle at housewives or troll for a date."


Ever since I found other stay-at-home dads who blog, I've learned that there are a few distinct sects of SAHDs (yeah, that stands for what you think it does...we have our own lingo, suckas!). Some dads are pretty easy going, aware that they are doing what is perceived as a "woman's" job and don't really care. But, there are some that are super militant about the whole deal, harboring feelings of oppression and demanding equal treatment and recognition.

Me? I'm definitely more laid back, but when I see moms at the playground giving me the eye, and noticeably covering themselves up when they see me, it's irritating and helps me understand the feelings of resentment.

What was this gal so afraid of? I know Lifetime told her that men are rapists, murders, child molesters, and basically evil people, but I'm really nice, and my son would like to play with your kid...or wave at her.

Besides, you've got a pretty nice butt.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to say my butt peeps out of my pants. They were such cute jeans and I didn't think to sit down in the dressing room. It gets a little chilly in the cooler weather..give the moms a break.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are at least checking out the moms when they are not looking. Its kind of rude to stare.

12:50 PM  
Blogger g3jedi said...

you are a nut man...

SAHD's...
Your the only SAHD I know with sleeves.

Isn't their like a recovery group for that one?

A

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to go put on a belt now

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home