Tuesday, February 07, 2006

"It's Oh So Quiet"

So I might not have exactly sung the praises of our neighborhood in yesterday's post. After intending to describe what I like about living here I got a little bit sidetracked — what with the gunshots the night before and all.

Today Connor, Murphy and I were out playing in the front yard, enjoying the non-rainy weather, when the wind started to whip up a little bit. Realizing that this would be the perfect time to try out the Spiderman kite I bought for all of $1 a couple of weeks ago, I dashed in the house to grab it.

But, by the time I got back outside with the kite and assembled it, the wind had vanished. Not to be deterred, especially since Connor was staring at me, with his mouth agape, I decided to go ahead and let out a generous amount of string and start running up and down the driveway like a hyperactive kid trying to get the damn kite to take to the air. No such luck.

In yesterday's post, before I got derailed, I believe I mentioned that I liked that it's nice and quiet out here, even if the "quiet" is sometimes a bit unsettling. You'd better believe I appreciated every ounce of that solitude as I was running around the front yard like a spastic ten-year-old with a Spiderman kite in tow knowing that the only people that could see me were the ninjas in the trees.

Surely I've mentioned the ninjas before, right?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright mate, stumbled across your blog. i too stay home with my son, who's name is Connor also. anyway hang in there mate, it can be challenging at times but the the bond your forming with your son will last a lifetime.

Best

R

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home