Monday, January 02, 2006

Whew

The last week-and-a-half has been a total blur. Perhaps I'll hit the highlights to catch everyone up.

More cool stuff than a dirtbag like me will ever deserve
I can now add a video iPod, a Line6 guitar amp, a Nady wireless rig to go with the amp, and a Swiss Army watch and knife to the list of stuff I won't be able to take along with me when I die. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying my new acquisitions, but I can't help but feel incredibly spoiled.

Germs are our new best friends
After Stacey, Connor and I all got sick in the days leading up to Christmas, Stacey still found a way to get sick again during the week. Due to eating an entire jar of Hellman's in one sitting (kidding) she spent all of New Year's Eve eve vomiting and all of New Year's Eve dehydrated and queasy (not kidding).

We're running out of space
In the weeks leading up to Christmas I was more than a little concerned that we were about to be innundated with toys for Connor that would take up precious floorspace in our already cramped home. The verdict? We got less stuff "space-wise" than I feared we might, but Connor still got plenty. A HUGE thanks to those of that bought him smaller items such as DVDs and Matchbox cars. I've already cracked my toe on a toy garage that's taken up residence next to our treadmill.

Family time
I love our families. Absolutely and without question. But, living out of town, and having a one-and-a-half-year-old means that you are in high demand during the holidays — although that's probably only because of the one-and-a-half-year-old...when we were childless and living out of town, nobody gave us the time of day. Each day we were home, we spent it with family in some capacity. It was great to see them all, but retreating to the solace of our very rural backwoods country town that we currently call home was a welcome change for me, at least. I'd be a reclusive, mail bombing hermit if Stacey would let me.

Did I mention that I'm a dirtbag?
Due, in part, to the demands of allocating enough time for our families, I completely neglected my friends last week. Okay, maybe the video iPod and guitar stuff didn't do much to get me out of the house either. At any rate, despite loose plans with several people and intentions to call several others, I completely flaked out on everybody — even people I won't have a chance to see again until next Christmas, and people I have plenty of opportunities to see but pass up the chances because there's always a "next time," so I probably won't see them again until next Christmas either.

No boy
Stacey had been looking forward to last week ever since she started working last August. She had one week, unfettered, to spend with Connor. Sure, we spent a lot of time with family, but Stacey made sure Connor was never more than 10 feet away. She's upstairs right now putting him to bed and saying her goodbyes, because tomorrow the dynamic duo are back together again.

Let the deprogramming begin again!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may be a dirtbag, but we love you.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home