Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again

Much like how I used to feel coming back to work (at a real job) after taking a week, or so, of vacation time, today was all about getting back to reality.

Over the last week-and-a-half, I put Connor down to sleep just once, which was probably the only time I was alone with him. Today, though, we were back together again, trying to get along and not get too out of control. This morning, we trekked into a nearby town to run a few errands and expend some energy at the mall, since the ground was still waterlogged from several days of hard rain. A few hours and several thousand steps later, Connor was practically begging to be put down for his nap, and fell asleep before I could even deposit him into his bed — which never happens.

After putting him down, it was all I could do to keep my eyes open, as well. I foolishly stayed up too late last night playing my guitar, so I was ill prepared for my first day back on the "job."

Whenever I get together with my friends and go skating, I'm always really sore the next day, as my threshold for physical activity decreases with each year of age. I'm sure, after our marathon day today, I'll be tired tomorrow in places where I didn't even know I had places.

As Connor says, "nigh nigh."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you stay up to late again? :)

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home