Thursday, July 06, 2006

"Sitting Around At Home"

Each Thursday that Stacey's grandparents come out, I often find myself struggling with how to fill this space. Usually, (relatively speaking, mind you) I've done little in the way of childcare all day — no dishes, no laundry, no cleaning, no feeding, no worries.

I suppose I shouldn't shoot myself in the foot, though, because I spend nearly every evening convincing Stacey that Connor and I weren't just playing all day.

"Honest, baby, it really IS like work! I'm soooo ready to re-enter the workforce. I'm sooo not having fun doing this."

When Connor's great-grandparents are here, I do get some stuff done. Today I took a trunkload of recyclables to the dump and then went to spend the Father's Day money I'd been hoarding on iPod gadgets. I also spent damn near half the day on the phone trying to clear up address-related issues with the company that was handling our investments until we had to cash them in to pay Stacey's and Connor's medical bills.

So excuse me if I don't have an entertaining story to tell tonight. Besides, who wants to read about the tapeworm I pulled out of Connor's butt today?

Kidding.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that picture!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we just clarify that I am not married to that man...you are so much cuter.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off the topic of this post, I read your blog quite often, and thoroughly enjoy it. You have quite a knack for writing. I remember reading somewhere in a previous post that you do freelance writing, and I thought of you when I saw this: http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=611

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home