Monday, October 17, 2005

Uh oh

I felt it coming on this morning — a slightly runny nose, a scratchy throat and a dull ache in my joints and muscles. "I'm getting sick," I thought. Not good. Mom was right. Sleeping with the window open will give you a cold! Eating like crap all weekend while Stacey was out of town probably didn't help either, but damn, those chocolate chip cookies her grandmother made were good. I've been inhaling V8 all day today, and I just slugged down an Airborne tablet. We'll see what happens.

I knew the time would come when I would have to watch Connor when I was sick, but I didn't think it would come so soon. It's not even really cold out yet. I feel worse now than I did this morning (never a good sign), so I'm terrified of how I'll feel when I wake up tomorrow. When I'm sick, I'm an inconsolable, self-centered baby. I want only to lay around all day, drinking Sprite, watching movies, and not be bothered with anyone else. It looks like that ritual is about to change.

I hope Connor is ready for a Lord of the Rings and Donnie Darko marathon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, your mama never said that!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Carter said...

Prank caller...prank caller!!!!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home