Thursday, September 01, 2005

Crossing Over

Ladies and Gentlemen, (and perverts who are reading a blog about a boy and his dad)

It is official. I am the coolest human being on the planet...at least to my nearly 16-month-old son — oh, and those Ewoks over in Endor who think I'm a god or something. Anyhow, Connor now prefers me, Father Knows Best himself, over everyone else that we've met thus far. But, were we to happen upon the giant purple one himself (that'd be Barney for those of you either lucky enough to have avoided him or those who have been COMATOSE for the last 15 years), I'm sure he'd trade me in faster than he can say "pooper," (which he's all about these days). But, for the time being, I'm #1. I'm #1. I'm...sorry, got carried away.

When he falls down and scrapes his knee, who does he want? Daddy.
When he's tired and is ready for his nap, who does he cry for? Say it with me: Daddy.
When he wakes up in the morning, whose name is the first (and only) one out of his mouth? Everybody together now: Daddy!

(Wow, that was kind of like a crappy (pun most definitely intended) non-rhyming version of the diahhrea song that I'm positive Connor will someday learn and torment us with mercilessly.)

Stacey's taking it pretty hard, but he is glad to see her when she gets home...well, her or her keys, we're still not sure which one of them he enjoys playing with more. Nana and Papa came out today, and though Connor had fun, I couldn't get very far away before he started to panic, becoming inconsolable until I returned. Earlier in the week, Grammy came out, and, once again, though Connor had a blast (what kid doesn't love a grandmother who ALWAYS comes bearing the coolest of gifts?), he still stayed really close to me.

I must say that I am really enjoying this phase where Connor wants me around all the time. It's sweet and a lot of dads probably never get this, because they're out earning money, and spending money, and meeting people, and...wait, where was I going with this?

I guess I'd better enjoy it now because when I make him start washing my car next month, I'll probably get knocked down a peg or two. Ya think? Oh well, It's pretty cool stuff for a guy who used to wear this T-shirt:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Run, Carter, run!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Carter said...

Ha. There's nothing like spammers finding your blog.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh. Why don't you rub it in. I sign on to read a sweet story about my hubby and baby and I get a stab in the heart. Crap. Back to work I go ...

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a rather large group of us that knew you were the coolest long before Connor discovered it.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home