Sunday, August 28, 2005

Everybody's workin' for the weekend

Well, I reached another milestone this weekend... I hung out with non-family-member-adults. Well, "hung out" is probably the wrong term, since I was in Atlanta working, but it was nice to talk to some people that can talk back by saying more than "dowwwwwn," or "coooookkaaaaah."

But wait. Working? I thought you were a stay-at-home dad? Well, apparently Stacey hasn't quite gotten the hang of being the breadwinner and she can't pull down enough digits to keep us afloat. (Seriously, if you knew how much she was "making" you'd be sending me money to read this thing, and yes, I'm [mostly] kidding about the breadwinner thing...sort of).

So, being the MAN, I have to ride in on my white horse (or my green car) and totally save the day. As I did this weekend, throughout the next year I will occasionally be heading back to Atlanta to work a few days here and there for the pharmaceutical distribution warehouse where I have worked, in some capacity, for ten years now — jeez, that's sad. Also this weekend, I managed to insert myself into part of the proofing process for an upcoming issue of a very large music magazine based in Atlanta (use your imagination, there's only one, folks, and it ain't Stomp and Stammer — based in Athens, I know). I have a few "connections" at this magazine and I very sneakily implanted myself there over the weekend, pay-free of course (Apparently, I still haven't gotten the hang of the "save the day" stuff either, thank you very much), but had fun pointing out the mistakes made by others. It was nice, too, to be back in the middle of a (somewhat) productive editorial process. I have really missed my old job, lately, (the 24-hour press days were a bit much, though) but I'm digging my new employment just as much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Davis said...

Am I still THE breadwinner when my other half makes slightly more than I do? Looks like I might be staying home with the kid as well. Shoot, I might even be having it.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooo....good idea - I gotta go make a call. Bye!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home