Tuesday, August 23, 2005

When you're hot you're hot...you know the rest

Last night when I went to bed, one of the last thoughts that I remember, before I drifted off to sleep, was that I felt like I was finally getting the hang of this whole dad thing. When I woke up this morning, I think Connor somehow sensed my self-satisfaction because today was, by far, the hardest day so far. It probably didn't help that we didn't leave the house all day long, but the weatherman said it was going to rain a lot today. (How much rain did we get? That's right — none.)

No morning nap today, a way-too-short afternoon nap and a whole lot of attitude in between. To top it off, Stacey didn't get home until a little later than usual. I couldn't fathom being a single parent and not having someone to relieve me when I needed it, not to mention all the support we've gotten from our families.

So, to Regina, Elizabeth and all the other single moms I've ever known, I am completely in awe of all that you accomplished without out the support that so many of us take for granted.

How the hell do people do this alone? (We're definitely going somewhere tomorrow, by the way.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea how anyone does it alone. But I do know that playing in the rain these days is no longer the exciting prospect that my mother made it out to be when I was a kid. In fact, my brother's first swimming lessons were in toddler-sized puddles. But that was in the seventies. I don't think puddles today are as nearly as clean as they were back then. Oh well. I'm reading...

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home