Saturday, September 30, 2006

"Who Needs Pictures?"

This week was picture week at Connor's school. I was informed about the pictures, but, judging by the sudden abundance of sailor outfits, pastels and suspender-shorts (with white socks and loafers), I apparently missed the memo that advised parents to dress their children to look as if they belonged on one of those Anne Geddes greeting cards.

At Connor's school, there is a drop-off policy called "carpool," in which the parents pull up to the front door in the morning, and their kids are pulled out of the car by a school staff member, (maybe the correct term is "car-pull"?) which allowed me an up-close look at many of the other kids' horrid outfits. By now, most of the kids are accustomed to the process of being yanked out of the car by a stranger, but Connor is still having a tough time with it. On Tuesday, as he was crying, snot running down his chin and begging to go back home, a horribly dressed child hopped out of the car, of his own volition, next to us. As Connor kicked and screamed, I wasn't sure who I felt worse for: Connor, with his eyes full of tears and arms reaching out for me, or the boy next to us, with a green jumpsuit on and a lace-lined collar.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you embellished a bit for this post because that description of Connor crying was a bit more vivid than the one you gave me over the phone.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Embellish? Carter?

And I would just like to say that you were adorable in that cute red plaid sailor outfit with the white collar and blue trim. You know the picture - it's the one with that cute little boy with his hands on his knees.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I know the above is supposed to be "One Who Remembers" but all I see is "One Whore Members." Drat that all-lowercase.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too Reid!

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if "one whore members" is related to "if you wax me"?

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOPS!!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Carter said...

Enough with the anonymous comments.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home