Thursday, July 20, 2006

"Couple Days Off"

As of 9 a.m. tomorrow, I will be officially off duty until approximately the same time Monday morning.

Stacey is taking a long weekend vacation to visit a very pregnant friend (due in less than a month) and is taking both Connor and our dog, Murphy, with her. I had the option of tagging along, but house calls really don't fit in well with my anti-social nature. So, I'm staying behind to pack some more stuff that Stacey will claim to miss once she finds out has been packed. I'll have no one but the cockroaches and spiders to keep me company. I'm just kidding. We have wasps and flying ants, too.

Also included on my list of goals to accomplish: paint over the scuff marks on the walls (none of which, curiously, are higher than two feet from floor level...hmmm), mow the weeds, spend an entire day washing my car with Stacey's toothbrush. Plus, there's the vacuuming of the house, the hosing down of the exterior of the house, and a few other chores I'm probably leaving out.

Since we're moving in less than two weeks, the house needs to be getting back to looking like it did when we moved in. Until it does, I will itch like crazy and have trouble sleeping.

And you think I'm joking.

In between all the work, though, I'm sure to find time to turn the guitar amp up to 11, strut around the house naked and practice my yodeling — but not all at the same time...what do you take me for?

Come Monday, though, I'll be back on duty. Ready to change dirty diapers, play chauffeur, prepare meals and induce sleepiness when required.

Enjoy your weekend. I know I will.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carter try a paste of baking soda and water on the scuff marks before you paint. We had a bunch of them here that I thought we were going to have to paint over and the baking soda paste did the trick. Little trick I learned from your momma -

10:44 PM  
Blogger GranMarty said...

Funniest thing. I was about to say the same thing. Sometimes doesn't work when they've used cheap paint because the paint comes off too. And when you start painting over scuffs, you sometimes wind up painting the whole room.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First thing I thought of was the movie "Risky Business". Baking soda never entered my mind. Be careful ou there in the wilderness.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home