Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Road Trip!

Connor is a little more than a year and a half old, and today was the very first time I took a trip longer than 20 minutes with him by myself. It's not that I haven't wanted to take him out of town with me, it's that lil' dude has a very protective mother hen who has probably pulled out two-thirds of her hair by now.

I can't say I blame her, but when Connor was about a month old, Stacey took him away from me for a week, and repeated the process several times throughout his infancy. "It's different," she says. "I'm his mom," she says. "You just don't understand," she says. "I'm sorry but I think capri pants are cute," she says...sorry, off topic.

We're going to be out of her sight for about 36 hours — not exactly enough time to really test her endurance, but enough to make her upset at having to be at work. Our trip just so happens to have coincided with her late night (Tuesday - a day during which she wouldn't see him anyway). Plus, we'll be back by the time she gets home from work on Wednesday. Aside from having to sleep by herself (which she apparently thinks she does every night judging by the ever decreasing amount of mattress real estate I'm allowed at night), she won't even know we're gone.

But, that didn't stop her from becoming a total wreck last night, just thinking about her little man (that's not me, by the way) being in a different town. I hope she adjusts to the idea, though, because Connor and I have a month-long backpacking trip in Europe planned for this summer. Seriously, who wouldn't pick up a guy with a toddler?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes...I know it is unlikely that you'll get into a car wreck...robbing me of three of the four most important men in the world but it COULD happen.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and for the record... capri pants are cute.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home