Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"I Think I Smell A Rat"

So far, Connor's stomach bug has yet to spread itself throughout the family, but that's not to say that there haven't been repercussions.

On Monday, Connor woke up acting like his normal, hyper self. Convinced that the bug had worked its way through its system, I took him to the local mall to run around and burn off some energy. I reasoned that it was still too cold out for his still-recovering immune system, and thus, we spent the morning indoors. In hindsight, though, I would have appreciated the extra, outdoor air for dissipatory purposes.

Again, as I mentioned previously, this virus has given Connor otherworldly powers with respect to his gassious emanations—it's completely wretched, I tell you.

While making good use of the Thomas the Tank Engine train table in Barnes & Noble, Connor let rip the most foul odor I have ever experienced. Sensing that either, a.) Our welcome was about to expire, or b.) Anyone within a thousand feet would think the odor was mine, we made a hasty exit. I'm sure the establishment's patrons, from front to back, all got much more than they bargained for during an otherwise banal morning of quiet bookstore-perusing. I probably should have offered to pay for the books that were ruined...

Aside from the gas, though, the bug seemed to have abated. But, yesterday morning, the vomit and diarrhea were back with a vengeance. We spent the day watching movies, eating crackers and drinking water and practically bathing in antibacterial soap.

Today, though, our little stink bug woke up just as he did on Monday—virtually symptom-free aside from a vicious poot or two. Given this disturbing pattern, I'm deathly afraid of what's coming tomorrow. The vomit?! The diarrhea?!? OH, THE HORROR!!!

More importantly, though, I'm more consumed with my own immune system's defenses. How much longer can I really be expected to hold out?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Daddy L said...

If you catch it, think of it as a "cleansing". See there's a silver lining behind every cloud!

4:20 PM  
Blogger GranMarty said...

WHERE do you find these pictures? Charming.

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! I can't decide which I like more the blog or the comments!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home