Tuesday, January 09, 2007

"Go With The Flow"

I've been given a fair amount of grief over the past two weeks for neglecting to post here. Actually, any time there's more than a six-hour lapse between entries, I get a passive-aggressive e-mail or two, informing me that I "need" to update my blog more often.

In light of such requests, if you will all kindly pool your funds and secure me a new iPhone, I promise to pay more attention to this oft-neglected space.

Seems a reasonable enough offer to enough to me.

Until said technological innovation is in my hands, however, do not expect much in the way of updates. You NEED me, dammit!

But, to tide you over until then, I'll share a little nugget of wisdom Connor shared with me today.

On our way home from school, Connor seemed quite preoccupied with the clouds, as they were nearer to the ground than usual, fluffier than the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, and whiter than my Western European-inherited legs.

Noticing his obvious interest, I started trying to explain that the clouds were filling up with rain, and that when they were full, the rain would begin to fall. I dumbed the lecture down for him, and he seemed geniunely interested, but when I concluded he offered just one statement in reply.

"I just tooted, Daddy."

That's my boy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I have enjoyed reading your last few entries. As the father of three boys I appreciated and laughed at some of your stories. Oh, and I'll send an iphone as soon as my wife lets me get one.

2:27 AM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I absolutely love your blog name.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...I think we get too excited when he toots. I'm guessing our laughter is reinforcing his sharing. :) A very wise man once said to me, "Farts are funny at any age." So true.

Happy Birthday baby.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Seth said...

LOL! You can never be too excited! How is the little man? Tell him Seth said "WE NEVER WATCHED CARS!!!" Tell everyone I dont know when but Im coming up, soon. Oh Ive ordered 5 cds from that paste cd, not to mention Paste itself, sweet magazine! Oh and I too just tooted :) Now thats funny

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home