Wednesday, November 29, 2006

"Hand of Doom"

The results are in: my right hand and/or wrist are not broken, just seriously sprained and reeeeeeeeeallllllly sore and swollen.

After thwaking my right limb pretty good on the concrete at a local skatepark on Sunday, my wrist slowly inflated throughout the day, until it was almost jiggling by bedtime. Unable to move it on Monday morning, I visited the doctor to have it X-rayed.

For the next three weeks, I have to wear a soft cast. Since I manage to earn a couple of bucks a month as a writer, this is seriously impeding my progress. (This entry took nine hours to compose, by the way, typing with just my tongue.)

But there is some good news in all this: since we have good insurance this year, I spent a grand total of $15 on this little malady.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ignore him. he's almost 30 himself. hope your hand is feeling better! do you really live in georgia? haven't seen you in a while...

9:39 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Carter Davis said...

please be careful. submitted on behalf of Murphy and Connor.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just dropped via a link off Clare's Dad's blogroll (upon which you reside). You need to come back and write some more. I laughed all the way through the first page. Alright that's all ... ttyl, pam

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home