Monday, November 06, 2006

"My Stupid Mouth"

Overheard whilst taking Connor trick-or-treating last Tuesday on Halloween.

Man: Wow. Superman! Would you like some candy?
Connor: -says nothing-
Man:
Well... Happy Halloween.
Connor: -says nothing, and walks away, grabbing his mom's hand, looking nervously at the stranger who just gave him free candy despite our warnings to the contrary the other 364 days of the year-

As Connor is walking away, three pre-teen girls hustle to the still-open door to take advantage of the still-open door and previously mentioned candy supply.

Man: Happy Halloween. You girls look great. Come on in... (insert uncomfortable pause) uh, well you'd better not... (yet another awkward hesitation) my wife probably wouldn't appreciate that... (more silence) I'll just shut up now.

I think we'll be skipping this house next year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daddy L said...

Definately a house to avoid!

That's as creepy as the photographer who took my in-laws recent family photo. A 45+ year old guy chatting up a 14-year old girl. "You look farmilar. Where have I seen you before." The room fell silent...

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home