Monday, June 12, 2006

"Road Trippin"

Ahhhhhh. Two weeks of vacation. Can you sense the relaxtion oozing out of my pores? No? Well, that's probably since the last ten months have basically been a vaction for me, and believe me, I'm enjoying it.


For those of you who don't know, I have been, in fact, on a bona fide vacation these past two weeks and not just playing mean tricks on my reader(s) by not posting for 17 days. I don't announce events such as that in advance for obvious reasons. With the "Bikini Strangler" loose in these parts during that time, perhaps you can see why I wouldn't want to broadcast my comings and goings to the world. It's bad enough that you already know about the frequency of my son's bowel movements (or mine). Do you really need to know where I am at all times?

Anyway, part I of Vacation '06 saw us spending the week with Stacey's family in St. Augustine, Fla., while part II found us on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina with my family. Yeah, life is rough — especially since both locations had free, city run skateparks very close to where we were staying, clean beaches, and swimming pools...but no movie stars.

Somewhere along the way, though, the west and welaxation got a bit complicated. We had to replace Stacey's tires and one very expensive cracked rim at the last minute before leaving (which ain't easy or cheap in small town USA), Stacey got appendicitis in the middle of the night (do medical emergencies EVER happen during mid-day?!?) and there was a strep/cold outbreak amongst my family (infecting Connor, too). After the several-hundred-mile round trip that we made, it was nice to return to the house on the lake that we're calling home for the next month-and-a-half, even if the spiders did try to reclaim the place in our absence.

Oh yeah, and the US soccer team got its posterior pulverized in its opening World Cup match today.

Yep, vacation is really over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home