Monday, June 19, 2006

"Lazy Sunday"

This year for Father's Day (my third such occasion), instead of getting an ill-fitting dress shirt, socks or a tie that I'd never wear anyway as so many of you poor dads did yesterday, I was afforded the luxury of doing absolutely nothing — simply because LBJ made the day a holiday in 1966, which Nixon signed into law in '72. (Who needs a formal education when we have Google?)

So, this weekend, I sat by the pool, watched World Cup soccer all day both days and spent about an hour-and-a-half on the treadmill on both Saturday and Sunday while watching World Cup soccer. The only thing that could have made the weekend better would have been a complete Led Zeppelin reunion in my den.

Becoming a parent is probably the coolest thing I've ever done in my life, but that doesn't mean that I want to spend every waking moment with my son.

-This concludes our daily attempt to make Stacey feel like I don't fully appreciate staying home with our son.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you felt fully appreciated. Love you.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home