Thursday, April 20, 2006

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

Day two of the cleanse is nearly complete.

At about three this morning, though, I wasn't certain I'd make it this far. I was jolted out of an otherwise restful sleep by a blisteringly brutal headache. I laid there for about 45 minutes before dragging myself out of bed for a glass of lemonade, though it provided no immediate relief. At about 4:30, I somehow managed to fall back asleep. When Stacey woke up at 5:30, I had her get me some Tylenol. Although it wasn't on the allowable ingredients list, I had to have some relief. At eight, I woke up feeling much better.

But, now that I'm feeling normal again, I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to do this. Aside from a newly acquired power of seeing through women's clothing, I haven't experienced any tangible benefits — just smelly hands from all the lemon squeezing and a lack of sleep due to last night's pretend hangover. I don't really feel hungry, but I do have a lingering feeling of unsatisfaction associated with the absence of fats in my diet, I suppose. The package of chocolate chip cookies that Stacey's grandparents left on the counter all day today didn't help much either.

Also, as I've learned more about this regimen, I read a few online accounts where people mentioned seeing worms in their stool.

I'm not sure if that makes me want to quit or keep going indefinitely.

6 Comments:

Blogger Daddy L said...

Worms!?! Remind us again, why are you doing this?

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was going to mention the whole worms and parasites and other weird things that apparently come out of your colon during a cleanse and felt it might not be appropriate to ask, but since you brought it up I wanted to make sure you knew that I am just DYING to know if anything moving or living comes out of you. And if it does, send me that recipe. Immediately.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. How long do you have to do this "cleanse" before worms come out of your butt? That is kind of cool. Right up there with seeing through clothing.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need a worm report.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks bro. Now whenever I think about what you're doing the words "worm doody" appear in my mind!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Bonny Babe said...

are you going to name them?

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home